Danielle's Reviews > The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby

The Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg

Sep 25, 08

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in September, 2008

I highly recommend this book to anyone having children, or just interested in names. Having read (okay, browsed) more than a few name books in recent months, I can definitely say this is the best one out there.
The methodology involved in getting you to the perfect name is brilliant. And the format is handy and accessible.
More than that, though, Wattenberg can write. She's concise, helpful, and entertaining, all at the same time. Seriously, she could easily be a columnist or something else involving real writing. I very much enjoyed this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Baby Name Wizard.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Soooooo...what are you going to name your new baby?

Danielle Emily,

Thank you for that excellent segeue! Leila Anne Poulter was born today (Sept. 26) at 5:00 AM. She is beautiful (because she looks just like I did as a baby) and healthy, so we're thrilled.
As for her name, we actually had a list of seven we were considering. Leila means born at night, and also we wanted to honor my grandmother, Lila, so this worked well.
According to the Baby Wizard, the style of the name Leila is "light and lissome" meaning feminine and charming, so there ya go.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Also, there is a great Eric Clapton song that boys can sing to her when she gets grown up enough to date.

Danielle I have heard of this song (there's a baby name website that lists songs that feature the names), but I have not yet listened to it. I'll have to buy it on iTunes.