Holly's Reviews > The Forgotten Waltz

The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright

F_50x66
May 28, 12

As I started reading this book I thought I had read it before...then I realized that I had started it previously but put it down after about 50 pages. Something about it hadn't clicked for me the first time but I had ordered it from the library again without realizing it and so decided to give the book a go again since it was a holiday and I had a free afternoon. This time I got through the whole book but I'm not terribly excited that I did. It's basically a book about an affair between two people, told from the perspective of the female, Gina. What I find a little incredulous is that the reader never really finds out much about this main character...we find out about Gina's family members and her dissolved marriage, but I can't really say I have much of an idea what she looks like or who she really is. The book centers on Gina and yet I feel as though she stays just out of vision of the reader. The focus is who she is telling us about and so Gina becomes very abstract at times. I ended the book not really knowing if I liked her or not. That said, it's written in an interesting manner and the connections she displays are compelling along the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Waltz.