10wilsonb's Reviews > Eragon

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

U_50x66
May 29, 12

The book starts off the a boy named Eragon hunting early in the woods one morning when he stumbles upon a strange rock. He takes it home little konwing that it's a dragon egg. A dragon then hatches from the egg. Eragon nurses the dragon till she's full grown. He finds out her name is Zaphera, and him and Zaphera go on to do great things. They eventually defeat Derza the king's shade.
Some differences from the book to the movie were actually quite drastic. They went far enough to even leave out some of the key characters in the book. One of the characters, Brom, actually dies much later in the book and does many other good things for Eragon and Zaphera. The movie also leaves out many different encounters and other enemies they run into on their way to the Varden (which is a rebellion that Eragon joins to fight against the king.)
I would recommend this book to other people becuase it's very entertaining and very good. It had very appropriate characters for the scene that was created, the author did a very good job of discribing the many different settings throughout the book, and I very much enjoyed the plot which was also very appropriate. I very much enjoyed the authors writing style becuase it helped create that fantasy theme I think he was going for. I wouldn't change a thing. I recommend this book to anybody who enjoys fantasy reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eragon.