Darcy's Reviews > My Kind of Christmas

My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr

Oct 30, 2015

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, net-galley-books, romance, holiday-books, audio-book, listened-to-at-work, 2015
Read on October 06, 2012

I think that I spent my whole time reading this book with a goofy grin on my face. It was hard not to smile, Angie was fun, sweet, and surprisingly down to earth. Part of what was great about Angie was her attitude. With what happened to her she could have sank into a pit of self pity, instead she did the right thing and took time to rethink her life and the best place to do that...Virgin River of course. I really liked that Angie escaped to VR, to the safety of family.

It was fun to see Angie assert herself as an adult to both Jack and Brie. Of course it went over better with Brie than Jack, Angie had to give him a stern talking to. I liked seeing Angie work with Mel, it helped her with realizing what path she needed to get back on.

Patrick/Paddy was fun. I have been waiting to see how the last Riordan would fall. I hated learning what brought him to Virgin River, hated that he was struggling with dealing with that. I loved how Paddy reacted to seeing/meeting Angie, it was sort of a love at first sight thing. I loved how both Angie and Paddy went along with the attraction, that both were honest with the other where their head and in their lives. In fact they entered into their fling wholeheartedly, knowing there was an expiration date, making the time spent together all the more precious.

It was fun to see all the Riordan brothers weigh in on Paddy's relationship with Angie, they were pretty harsh. It got even more funny as more and more of all the extended Riordan and Sheridan families and moved to the insane when all the men started taking bets on Paddy. I felt sorry for him at this point.

I hated the ending, that Paddy was able to do what he said he was going to. I hated what Angie was going through, but loved that she had the Sheridan clan to be there for her. I worried that that was going to be it and was sad for both of them. Then my goofy grin got bigger somehow with the caravan that arrived at Jack's house, leading to a really great ending!!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Kind of Christmas.

♡Karlyn P♡ Nice review! I plan to read this one soon, probably this week. I need my Virgin River drug-fix. :-)

Darcy Thanks! I think this is one of the better ones.

I know what you mean about needing a VR fix, I have been re-reading all of them slowly by audio. The narrator does a great job.

Beth You are so lucky to have an ARC, I'm barely hanging on till Oct. 23 to get my pre-ordered copy downloaded. Great review!

Darcy I know I was lucky to get an early copy. This was a good one. I plan on getting the audio through audible. I have been re-reading the series that way and they are even better the second time around. Plus the audio gives a different perspective.