Ellie's Reviews > Jacked Up

Jun 10, 12

Read from May 28 to 31, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Jacked Up, Fast Track #6, by Erin McCarthy
Grade: B+

“The difference between want and need was vast, and she knew she was in the same camp as him. This wasn’t something that would be nice if it happened. It was something that had to happen or she was going to die.”

Eve Monroe always wanted to be a race car driver but in her famous racing family girls don’t drive so she settled for a PR job for her brothers. Eve is great at her job but she hates it and is so stressed out she can’t remember the last time she actually talked, not yelled, at someone. That is until she has to chew out her brother’s jackman for accidentally flashing the entire nation on television. Nolan Ford is laid back and doesn’t let anything bother him, the exact opposite of Eve, but when he asks her out she can’t say no.

Nolan Ford didn’t mean for his pants to split but it finally got the hot and sexy Eve Monroe’s attention which he’s been trying to do for the last three years. Eve needs to relax and have some fun and Nolan has made it his mission to get her to do this. Nolan never expected to find such a vulnerable person under all that anger in Eve and as fast as his pants split he’s falling for her. The only problem is how to get Eve to let down her guard and let in the one man who can help turn her life around.

Jacked up is the sixth book in the Fast Track Series by Erin McCarthy and it is by far my favorite. Eve has been in a lot of the previous books and I was so excited we were finally getting her story. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Eve because she hasn’t always been the most likable character but we get to see a very different and vulnerable side to her in Jacked Up. We also get a lot more insight as to why she is so angry and mean all the time.

Nolan Ford is my favorite out of all the men in the Fast Track series and he was so much fun to read about. Nolan rarely has a bad word to say about anything and he is so great at getting Eve to loosen up and have some fun. I really loved the scenes where he could get Eve to think logically and open up. I wasn’t always on board with the decisions these two made but I was cheering for them the entire time.

Eve is a hard ass and is miserable with her life. I get it I really do but at times it did get a little frustrating. She spent so much time being angry and wasting away her life that she almost pushed away the most amazing man ever. There were a few times I wanted to strangle her but luckily she came to her senses at the end. Eve and Nolan may not have everything worked out but they have some smoking hot chemistry and they were really fun together. I really hope that we get to see more of them in future books.

I am not a huge racing fan but I do love reading about these hot drivers, their crews and the women they love. Elle McCarthy is great at writing laugh out loud romance novels that you won’t be able to put down. This book is adorable and I can’t wait to see what happens next on this crazy racing circuit.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacked Up.

05/30/2012 page 60
19.0% "Eve needs to lighten up geez"
05/31/2012 page 215
67.0% "This is adorable!"