Adriana Bookologist's Reviews > The Dom's Dungeon

The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair

May 28, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, bdsm, e-book, erotica, romance, reviewed, i-recommend-it, barnes-noble, f-m
Read from May 28 to 29, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

The Dom’s Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair

This was a very good stand-alone story. The story flowed easily and I liked the pairing of Mackensie and Alex. The opening scene when they first met was a laugh. The saying 'start as you mean to continue' comes to mind.

I liked Mackensie’s sense of humor and her constant ‘Frak’ swearing. Her reference to Star Trek was a hoot… “Undoubtedly, protest would be futile. She was being assimilated and liked it no more than Captain Picard had.”

Alex came from money but he didn’t come across as entitled which would have been a turn off. The fact that he has a mongrel dog shows he is doesn’t need pedigrees and that he named him ‘Butler’ shows his sense of humor.

These two characters just fit together. The scenes were sexy, hot and well written which is what I’ve come to expect of Ms. Sinclair. I think my favorite scene was the first time Alex and Mac had ‘real sex’ because it showed how patient a man Alex was and how much Mac needed that. “Oh frak, I'm sorry. Sorry. You didn't get off, and I did. I'm sorry.” A long sigh. “MacKensie, much as men don't like to share this fact, we rarely die from not getting off.”

I recommend this book to everyone who likes a well written erotica story about a Dom/sub relationship. If you are looking for a new author to read but do not want to commit to a series this book as a stand-alone will give you an understanding of Ms. Sinclair’s excellent writing style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dom's Dungeon.

Quotes Adriana Bookologist Liked

Cherise Sinclair
“what you need and what you want aren't the same things,”

Cherise Sinclair
“I wouldn't do this if i didn't care, but you mean everything to me, and if this is what you need, then this is what you'll get. But we're damned well going to work on changing this association between caring and spanking.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aruana Have to agree with your review. I love this stand-alone by Cherise. I've reread it about 3 times now. I love the Shadowlands books, but this is a special one as well.

Adriana Bookologist Aruana wrote: "Have to agree with your review. I love this stand-alone by Cherise. I've reread it about 3 times now. I love the Shadowlands books, but this is a special one as well."I wish she had more like this. I'm on holiday next week and need to stock up on some goodreads...