✿Alyssa✿'s Reviews > Easy

May 31, 12

bookshelves: 4-star
Read from May 28 to 31, 2012

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem— Their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees- Hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy...

I know for some, that this picture might not work for their own personal Lucas. I rarely ever use celebrities to portray how I think a certain hero/heroine looks, but for me Chase Crawford just fit the bill too perfectly! (Minus the tux.) ...All that’s needed is that sexy lip ring…

I’ve got to say, this book grabbed me from page one- Always a good sign. First of all, the most important thing you should know about this book is that the hero has tattoos and a lip piercing- Be right back… *dying* ...How much more perfect can this story get? Oh, I know… How about throwing in a bit of forbidden love and the bad boy hero having a tortured past?

Perfection personified.

I’m finding it pretty hard to write a review without giving too much away, so I’ll just say this: Easy was a light-hearted read, just as much as it was deep and emotional. The building up of Lucas and Jacqueline’s relationship was so darn sweet- I couldn’t help but wish I was on the receiving end of every text, email, or interaction between the two. Both of them had their own fair share of fears and obstacles to overcome. Tammara Webber did a fantastic job making every progression in this story realistic, whether that being from Jacqueline’s past relationship with her ex, Kennedy, or Lucas’ tragic childhood. It just made the story and characters seem that much more real.

There were many twists and valuable lessons featured in this book, that really make the story stand out. And despite a tad bit of predictability, it was by far an enjoyable read. Did it completely blow my mind and render me speechless? *shrugs* …Not really. But it was definitely a page turner, and a story that I couldn’t bring myself to put down. I definitely want to say a big “thank you” to Mrs. Webber for writing a story that kept a big goofy smile on my face throughout every page. This was the first book I’ve read by the author, and I’m happy to say that it won’t be my last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

05/29/2012
46.0% "...Tattoos? A lip piercing? Ahhh, for the love of God- I WANT LUCAS! ♥" 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Michelle [Helen Geek] Ooo! I wanted to read this over the weekend, but got derailed. Keep us posted. I've heard wonderful things!

Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~ I also wanted to read this, so pls post if it is good :)

message 3: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited Mar 06, 2013 07:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✿Alyssa✿ Guys... So far... This book is AWESOME! ...And guess what??? The hero has tattoos AND a lip piercing! Be right back... *drooling*

Lindsay Great review Alyssa! I'm loving this book!

Karla Great review Alyssa and the pics are excellent!!

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks Karla and Lindsay! Of course I'm having the worst time looking for something new to read now!

Karla ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Thanks Karla and Lindsay! Of course I'm having the worst time looking for something new to read now!"

I'm not even going there...LOL!! I was so happy to see you gave this one 4 stars!!

✿Alyssa✿ LOL! I was so happy that I found another book I enjoyed! ...that makes two in a row now, hehe! :)

♡Karlyn P♡ Nice review, I love your Lucas!!

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks so much KarLynP!!! :)

Duchess Nicole Lucas = yummy deliciousness

I loved this one!

Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~ Great review!
I am going to read this one for sure now ;)

message 13: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited Jun 01, 2012 02:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✿Alyssa✿ I'm glad you enjoyed this one too Nicole! :)

Maya- you should definitely pick this book up! :)

Anne OK Very nice review, Alyssa! I just finished reading "Easy" and thought it was thoroughly enjoyable. It was just the kind of book I needed and now I'm at that "What next?" stage.

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks Anne! Oh my gosh, I feel the exact same way as you! I have no idea what to read next!

Taryn at My Secret Romance Do you have this book to loan? Or have you already loaned it out?

✿Alyssa✿ I haven't lent this one yet Taryn! Do you want me to send it to you? :)

message 18: by Joey (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joey I love this book it makes me miss college crushes!

✿Alyssa✿ I completely agree with you Joey! :))

✿Alyssa✿ I hope you enjoy it Branden! :) Be sure to keep me posted!

✿Alyssa✿ LOL :) I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's been so long since I've read this book that at the moment I'm not even sure what his "secret" was- HA!