Darcy's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

May 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, romance
Recommended to Darcy by: Heather Tisdale
Read on May 28, 2012

I thought this one was cute. Georgeanne was charming from the start. I hated what she over heard as a kid and it sure colored her life. I have a feeling it was a big part of why she was marrying Virgil. I do think the smartest thing she could have done was run out on him. I loved how that happened and how John reacted to her.

I will admit that I didn't care for John for much of the book. He was an ass to start with and I hated how he took advantage of Georgeanne, then dumped her at the airport. With those actions I don't blame her for keeping Lexi a secret from him.

I did like the scenes with Lexi and John, his first stunned knowledge to the awkwardness to his embracing his role and yearning to hear the word "Daddy" from her lips. I also really liked seeing Lexi manipulate John. The funny thing was that he knew what she was doing, but he still couldn't help herself.

I felt like John kept playing Georgeanne once he came back into her life. I thought that Georgeanne had some valid arguments. Even with all of that I was happy to see things ended.

I really liked the side romance with Mae and Hugh. Loved the smack down that Hugh gave Mae's date!

I look forward to reading more in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.