Erin's Reviews > What They Do in the Dark

What They Do in the Dark by Amanda Coe

May 31, 12

Read in May, 2012

This book was written with two very separate story lines, one of two young girls and one of behind-the-scenes/actor dynamics. The lives of the two very different girls appealed to me and I was interested in the course of their story, but the alternate story caused an internal groan every time it started up again (I ended up just skimming those chapters). I hated. Hated. The end. It was so upsetting and brutal that I found myself actually angry at the author. "This is how the author is leaving things?! What am I supposed to get out of this?!" It was hard to read, and difficult for me to understand the cruelty of the characters or even why they continued to be drawn to each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What They Do in the Dark.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gerri Hi Erin. I couldn't agree with you more. I hated this book, too. If there was a deep meaning to be found, it was lost on me completely. The ending was gratutious and totally unrelated to the story. (I mean... I guess it was gratuitious... I'm not really sure I had any idea what the plot was.) I couldn't wait to put this book down.

message 2: by Erin (new) - rated it 1 star

Erin Gratuitous is the perfect word for it. Gemma's mean-streak came out of nowhere! Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought this novel was a dud.

Sherwestonstec i totally agree with you all!