Cynthia ☮ ❤ ❀ 's Reviews > Brother Sun, Sister Moon: Saint Francis of Assisi's Canticle of the Creatures

Brother Sun, Sister Moon by Katherine Paterson

May 28, 12

Read in May, 2012

If you are looking for a children's book that is as gorgeous to look at as it is to read then Brother Sun, Sister Moon-Saint Francis of Assisi's Canticle of the Creatures re-imagined by Katherine Paterson and illustrated by Pamela Dalton is just such a book. The picture book is one of the most beautiful modern day children's books that I have found to date. The paper cut-outs that are used to illustrate the lovely adaptation or re-imagined Canticle of the Creatures by Saint Francis of Assisi are exquisite. My two year-old daughter brings me the book simply for me to open it up to the page that is filled with sunflowers. We find something new hidden in a corner or behind a tree branch each time we examine the cut-out illustrations. I loved explaining to her the difference between a chipmunk and a squirrel after we found a small chipmunk hidden beneath the ground on the cover of the book. We both have enjoyed reading this treasure over and over again. I am so sorry that is must be returned to the library. We both hate to see it leave the house. I know this is one book we will have to purchase.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brother Sun, Sister Moon.