Pamela Barrett's Reviews > Picture This

Picture This by Jacqueline Sheehan

May 30, 12

Read in May, 2012

Picture This is the sequel to one of my favorite summer reads from a few years ago: Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan. It is the story of Rocky, a grieving widow, whose husband died suddenly and she goes to Peaks Island off the coast of Portland, Maine to recuperate. She puts her old life on hold, and temporarily becomes the islands game warden where she helps a wounded black Lab, named Cooper, go through a tenuous recovery and he helps her towards her healing. In this book we meet up again with the people on the island that befriended her; including an emotionally fragile teenager that she and Cooper had helped through a difficult time. Rocky is now more settled into island life and is wondering if the time has come to go back to her old life, when another teenager, recently aged out of foster care, turns everything upside down.

These are great characters, interesting, and special and flawed. The author built so much tension into the 2nd half of the book that I couldn’t put it down until I found out what happened. If you love dogs, mysteries and want to spend time visiting Maine you’ll love this novel. There are some psychologically scary moments with children, so be forewarned. I’m glad she wrote a sequel and hope there will be more. Read through the Amazon Vine program.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Picture This.