Tina's Reviews > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln by Seth Grahame-Smith

4205715
Oct 27, 12

Read from August 21 to September 01, 2012

"I have read of the great wars of ages past, and men slaughtered by the tens of thousands. And we give but fleeting consideration to their deaths, for it is our nature to banish such thoughts. But in doing so we forget that they were each as alive as we, and that one length of rope-one bullet or blade-took the whole of their lives in that last, fragile instant. Took their earliest days as swaddled infants, and their grayest unfulfilled figures. When one thinks of how many souls have suffered this fate in all of history-of the untold murders of untold men, women, and children...it is too much to bear."

"Washington turned out to be a disappointment on nearly ever level. Abe had come expecting a gleaming metropolis filled with men of the 'finest minds, and dedicated to the service of their constituents.' What he found were 'a few brilliant beacons in a fog of fools.' As for his dreams of life in a big city, Washington D.C., felt more like Louisville or Lexington-albeit with a handful of gleaming architectural wonders."

"I am a foe to tyrants, and my country's friend."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abraham Lincoln.