Madeline Haut's Reviews > Caucasia

Caucasia by Danzy Senna

May 28, 12

I really enjoyed reading this book. A lot of other students complained endlessly about how slow or boring it was but I completely disagree. I thought the story was very compelling and I like how it showed two different sides of the war, black and white. I like how Birdie was lost because I think everyone feels a little lost sometimes and it would be especially hard to know who you are when you feel black and white on the inside but only look white on the outside. I think Danzy Senna did a really great job of showing how each race is viewed and how they are ridiculed in different communities. It' s interesting that Birdie can be perceived terribly by Carmen and Nkrumah but perfectly at her Grandmothers house and in New Hampshire, but it is the opposite for Cole. Speaking on Cole, I really liked the love between the two sisters. I have always wanted a sister and they were not only related but best friends. From Elemeno to late night talks, the sisters always had a special bond. In conclusion, I really like this book and I would recommend it to many people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caucasia.