Nicol Althea's Reviews > If You Deceive

If You Deceive by Kresley Cole

9205554
Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, to-purchase, narrative-mode-3rd-person, 6-stars, hh-enemies-to-lovers, gnr-historical-romance, hero-alpha, hero-badass-tough, hero-love-commitment-phobic, hero-sexy-foreign-accent, hero-rake-rogue-scoundrel, hero-recluse-lonewolf, hero-military-marine-veteran-etc, hero-awful-tortured-traumatic-past, hero-titled-wealthy, heroine-badass-tough, heroine-sexy-foreign-accent, heroine-in-poverty-needs-cash, heroine-injured-scarred, heroine-awful-traumatic-past, heroine-virgin-naive-inexperienced, heroine-wants-hero, humorous-witty, on-a-journey, steam-5-scorching-hot, smex-before-marriage, worth-re-reading, hero-needs-smacking, favorite-heroines, 2012-reads, heroine-i-salute-adore, ebooks, ending-awesome, favorite-couples, hero-brooding-sulking, hero-cold-dark-dangerous, hero-drop-dead-hottie, hero-got-me-loca-gaga-drooling, hero-injured-scarred, hero-possessive-overprotective, hero-rich-as-croesus, hero-voracious-insatiable-lover, hero-wants-heroine, heroine-bombshell-gorgeous, heroine-eccentric-quirky, heroine-feisty-spunky-sassy, heroine-needs-protector-defender, heroine-w-profession, hh-affair-dalliance-fling, series-read-in-order, tearjerker-tugs-at-heartstrings, sp-vengeance-is-mine, my-kind-of-literary-hubby-bf
Read from June 03 to 05, 2012

Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Steam Level: ❤❤❤❤❤

This final installment just sealed the deal! The MacCarrick Brothers Series are now definitely one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES! I couldn't help but really admire Kresley Cole for delivering such outstanding and strong characters with so much depth in each of them!

Photobucket

Our heroine, Madeleine Van Rowen is such a resourceful and resilient girl! I truly never expected that of her when i first met her in "If You Desire." I can't help but admire how she was strong and brave enough to endure her parents' downfall and the succeeding years of living in La Marais. Any girl who's been force to such circumstances would no doubt turn out cold and unfeeling. But not for our dear Madeleine. She refused to cower in fear and admirably stood up every time she fell. Although she was a bit cynical, she still strongly believed in love and that she deserves to be loved. Any weaker girl who originally comes from a wealthy family would have immediately succumbed to hysterics and eventually turned to the easy way out-prostitution. But even in dire and desperate straits, she remained innocent and untouched by the harsh realities around her. Maddy stole my heart the moment she refused Ethan and quickly left London even if it meant back to her life of poverty in the harsh world of La Marais. I really do love her strength! I'm so grateful to KC for producing such an exquisite and strong character. I couldn't ask for a better heroine! I love how Madeleine was finally able to forgive Ethan and helped him overcome his hatred. A heart like Madeleine's is just the perfect thing to melt Ethan's black heart.

Our hero, Ethan MacCarrick is jaded and unfeeling. It broke my heart how he received his scar in such a cold and brutal way. He didn't even warrant such punishment! No wonder he turned out the way he was before he met Madeleine. But still i very much enjoyed how his character grew as the story progressed. It amused me to no end how he was constantly berating himself whether to keep Maddy or let her go. I'm glad he didn't! And the way he was so protective and possessive of her was very sweet. When he warned Madeleine about that "look" she kept on giving him, i'm afraid i was giving him that same "look" too, albeit mentally, as i read their story. And who could resist? He's such an alpha male all the way! I admit it kinda grated my nerves that duration in Carillon when he was indecisive with what to do with Madeleine. I truly felt Maddy's frustration with him! But I'm extremely pleased he got over that and finally realized he couldn't live without Madeleine. Again i couldn't ask for a better hero for our dear Madeleine. I'm glad Ethan was finally able to let go of the past and his revenge and instead concentrated his strength to pleasing and loving Madeleine. She deserves no less!

In sum, this book is definitely a page turner! Awesome ending to the series! After reading about Court and Hugh struggling with the curse in the first two books, this last one was a breath of fresh air. I've come to really love this series and all its characters. All 3 books were so satisfying, they held just the kind of flavor i love in historicals. Again, Kresley Cole has definitely earned my deep admiration for producing such strong characters and interesting plots. I wish she could've written more historicals, coz for sure i would devour them all in one sitting! haha.

Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Deceive.

Quotes Nicol Althea Liked

Kresley Cole
Aingeal, there is only one thing on my body that's ten inches long, and if you'll recall, the scar is no' it.”
Kresley Cole, If You Deceive

06/03/2012
12.0% "WOW! I agree with you Maddy! Ethan is such an alpha male! *shiver*
06/04/2012
14.0% "gargh! how cold! can't believe he did that to poor Maddy!
06/04/2012
22.0% "ah i see. finally! so that's what happened to him!
06/04/2012
34.0% "haha It's a stage coin! soo funny! Maddy is so resourceful ad clever! oh how i adore her!
06/04/2012
38.0% "Hilarious! Ethan just ate her apple! Her only dinner for the night! hahaha poor Maddy! i imagine her face would've been like...
06/04/2012
69.0% "am really enjoying this! couldn't put it down! i hope this keeps up till the end!
06/04/2012
84.0% "yesh! Maddy's finally leaving him! That's it girl, don't be toyed by him any further! Ethan you better decide quickly, fess up already you fool or you'll miss out on the only girl who'll ever truly love you!
06/05/2012
100.0% "done! wow awesome ending to the series! The MacCarrick brothers are now definitely one of my favorites! :D
show 2 hidden updates…