nicole's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in May, 2012

As a librarian, I feel like I should say a powerful statement, about how this book opened the door to discussions of reading for information versus pleasure, or the infographic that Goodreads released with which states report having read it most, or all of the banning happening that is contributing to the massive push for more copies. If not that, at the very least, the fact that over 900 people are waiting for the 10 e-book copies we have or that Target is forever out of paperbacks of the first part of the trilogy.

I've been waiting to read this forever, mostly because I can't stand to be left out of any sort of literary phenomena, erotica or otherwise. It was exactly what I'd hoped it be, hilarious in some parts, blush-producing in others, but above all else, a page turner.

So you won't find any judgement or criticism here. It was fun! And different than anything else I'd normally pick up! And really, now I have something to talk about at work!
1 like • Likeflag