nicole's Reviews > Wifey

Wifey by Judy Blume

May 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in May, 2012

A 1970s suburban housewife's sexual awakening while her kids are away at summer camp.

Everyone in my office is talking about 50 Shades of Grey. There is literally at least a half-hour conversation about it every day. I have been on the hold list for our e-book copy for months at this point, having been number three hundred something when I first joined. One of my coworkers was absolutely aghast that I would even think of reading it without first reading this Judy Blume classic. (Particularly since I have an 11 x 14 sized poster of Judy next to my desk and whenever I'm feeling particularly down or stressed out, I turn to it for guidance. Don't all librarian do that?)

Judy B is one of my absolute idols and I adored reading this, mostly because it made me blush a million shades of red on the PATH. And then came into the office, gave an arched eyebrow to that poster and said, "JUDY!" It was a nicely timed read alongside this week's Mad Men, although my notes are from three weeks old at this point and I can't remember which particular episode that is.

The real kicker of reading this is finding out that Natasha hadn't read Are You There God, It's Me Margaret, which is basically Wifey for fifth graders! Get on that!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wifey.