Oluwaseun Eleyinafe's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

9620734
May 28, 12

Read in July, 2010

My thoughts on Hercule Poirot and the Book, including what one of my brothers thinks about the author

When I read Murder on the Orient Express, it made me wonder of the mystery behind the book. I viewed it as an adventure and a thing or two to learn from. The fact that the answer was found to a mystery which no one had anything to do about but the one that was eventually caught near the end of the story shows what mortal human beings think they are hiding, which is not hidden towards the One that made humanity possible. At some point in the story, I think: Well, when do we finally get to the end of the mystery? The answer I was looking for is brought to me in the end. The only thing is that it is not what I expected. My eldest brother grew upon those mystery books, especially those from the Hercule Poirot mysteries and said that: If there is any mystery from Agatha Christie, even if she is dead, she is still one of my best authors. He does not say that out of pride or arrogance, but out of humility. I truly feel that he is clever in solving mysteries and does not play. Poirot interrogates with the highest capacity a detective would not normally do in our lifetime, as he is a detective. It is like he is saying: "Ha! So you admit you did this, then? Well, come with me!", even though I know he does not say something like that. He is honestly a clever detective.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.