A.R. Von's Reviews > Dusk Conspiracy

Dusk Conspiracy by Lakisha Spletzer

Jul 07, 12

Read from July 06 to 07, 2012

Absolutely LOVED IT! This was my first time reading any work by Lakisha Spletzer and WILL NOT be my last! For a YA read it was very exciting and did not give off too strong of a YA vibe. Put it this way.. I enjoyed it so much I read it in a day :)

Laylah is a smart, sweet, loving, caring and a underestimated and unappreciated young woman. She's in the dark about many things and unaware of even more. Her father (Henry) is only worried about his science projects and his next million. Laylah is only a possession to him. Nothing more (I hate that man! I do not use the word hate lightly, ever! But find it necessary in this case.) With only one real friend, the house servants and her only time in the outside world being school hours she is oblivious to what really goes on. That is until one day she is saved from being kidnapped by Donil. A male that brings about feelings to Laylah that she never knew existed.

Donil is an alpha. Loved and cherish by many. He's well aware why all of his protective instincts come to surface when he's near Laylah. But he cannot tell her all truths for it's not his place. How much longer can she be left in the dark and remained unharmed?

I'm looking very forward to the next in the series and have very high hopes that our dear Henry (and one other) will get his just desserts! Waaahahahahaha :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dusk Conspiracy.