DavinciKittie's Reviews > Domme by Default

Domme by Default by Tymber Dalton

May 28, 12

bookshelves: bdsm, tymber-dalton, erotica, contemporary-romance
Read in May, 2012

I'm not sure what I expected going in, but Domme by Default surpassed it. The style is alternating first person (he said, she said) and the narrative is a fairly quick read. For a novella so short on word count, the alternating fPOV style really draws out the emotional connection between the couple and gives it an overall fulfilling conclusion.

Domme by Default is a sweet, to-the-point story of a normal vanilla couple taking their first steps into master/slave 24/7 roles. It delves into the choices, sacrifices, and lessons each partner goes through and helps demystify the "Dom" culture a little. As someone who has had a little bit of this struggle in my own relationship, I completely identified and it definitely hit home for me. I'm glad it wasn't more involved or overly crude with the sexuality - this story is about the relationship dynamic more than the sex, and it's a wonderful exploratory journey.

I really enjoy Tymber Dalton's stories. She always gets right to the heart of things while still creating a lasting heat and emotional connection that sticks with you even through other reads. If you are at all interested in the BDSM slave lifestyle (sans heavy equipment or flashy clubs) and want to understand more about the master-slave dynamic, this is a great book to help you get your bearings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Domme by Default.