Jade's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

May 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 28 to 29, 2012

I went to give this a three and then thought, no Charlaine Harris I will mark you tougher because you have a lot more potential than this piece of series filler. I took a moment three quarters of the way through to realise that nothing had really happened so far, apart from the fact that I now think I know how to make sweet potato pie...thanks for that! Has Harris always put so much emphasis on the day to day drivel or is it just that this series no longer excites me? I have heard that the next book is her last and I'm kind of glad and hopeing that she kills off Sookie in a final hoorah! I'm tired of noone I really love dying, I'm tired of every man thinking the sun shines out of Sookie's arse and I really couldn't give a rats which one of the many 'absolutely fantastic, yet torchered souls in their own way' men that she ends up with.' I did not dislike reading this, it just felt like when I read a good magazine - a couple of good articles, but all in all the same stuff as always, leaving me wondering why I rushed out to buy it! Come on Harris, don't let the TV series beat you.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.