Leslie Jenison's Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Aug 11, 12

Read from July 12 to August 11, 2012

I have been looking forward to the second issue of the All Souls trilogy. I'm taking my time reading this book in order to savor it. So far, and I am about halfway through it, the book is wonderfully entertaining.

I REALLY took my time reading this in order to prolong it. In the interim I read a couple of other books.
I finished Shadow of Night today. My first thought after finishing the book was that I was so sad that my late sister never had the opportunity to read these books because they would have thrilled her. She was a librarian, loved all things vampire and time-travel. These books would have made her very happy.
The second in the All Souls Trilogy did not disappoint. I loved the rich flavor that Deborah Harkness provided to the era and its characters. Her background in history served her well and we all benefit from it.

Thank you, Deborah, for another wonderful tale. I can hardly wait for the final installment in the trilogy. I believe I said the very same thing after finishing A Discovery of Witches.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Linda Minton I'm re-reading A Discovery of Witches first, before diving into Shadow of Night. Glad to hear it is worth waiting for!

message 2: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Cox So glad to hear it is living up to your expectations! I'm putting off buying it until just before we leave for the beach, otherwise I will be too tempted to pick it up... and then, I will be a goner.

Linda Minton I just finished it as well. It's certainly not your average "witch-vampire-time-travel" novel! What I most enjoyed about it was the historical aspect, of life and morés of the past. She put a lot of detail into it, which I really appreciated. Thumbs up!

message 4: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Cox I so agree with Leslie. Took my time, really really loved it, sad I am done. So much to savor and think about.

Leslie Jenison I'll probably read it again pretty soon!

Leslie Jenison I just read it for the 2nd time. If possible, I enjoyed it even more this time around.