Lisa's Reviews > An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Sep 05, 14

bookshelves: 2012-read, ya-contemporary
Read from August 15 to September 14, 2012

OMG FINALLY. I've been busy with my internship final report for the last few weeks, and new semester just started, so I didn't really get to read much.

FINALLY. A John Green book with a happy ending! Some may find Colin Singleton a bit annoying, but I think he's alright. I admire his persistence on finding out the answer to him always being dumped and his geekiness, and I share his insecurities about wanting to matter in this world. Hassan is my favorite, he is hilarious.

Overall, it's a good read. It's not John's best work, IMO, but it's good. It's John.

Ps. I have yet to read the Appendix section. All the Math stuff in this book is a bit overwhelming for me, haha.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Abundance of Katherines.

Quotes Lisa Liked

John Green
“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.”
John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

08/23/2012 page 67

message 1: by Izzat (new) - added it

Izzat Zainal As a Muslim I found out that Green has inserted some Islamic references. Does it seem offensive or inaccurate to you? I don't want to risk myself feeling upset or anything. I really want to read this book.

Lisa Nope, not offensive :)

message 3: by Izzat (new) - added it

Izzat Zainal Lisa wrote: "Nope, not offensive :)"

Good! I'll start it NOW!