Beth Cutwright's Reviews > Circus Summer

Circus Summer by Kailin Gow

Jul 28, 12

Read in June, 2012

I reviewed an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

So now what did I find ? Kailyn Gow is an author who writes smoothly and develops her characters well. When I picked up Circus Summer, I began the book one day and finished the next and I really enjoyed it. And I really want to know what will happen to these characters as this will probably be trilogy. Leela Sinclair is a strong female character. Although she is in highschool, she is loyal to her family and wants to do what she can to help her mother get well. Her lifelong friend Thomas, is fully aware of his feelings for Leela and will do anything to help her and continue to love her. Zachary, however, holds her heart. She has loved him since she was 6 years old. Now at seventeen, it is lust. But she has more on her mind than just boys.....the circus has come to town. The offering of more money than she could ever earn in Sea Cliff, glitz glamour and physical challenges, draws her to sign up for the Circus of Curiousities. All is not as it would seem under the Big Top, but can Leela live long enough to discover what it is? And is there a place for her there? And why does it seem that Dr Dex, Circus of Curiousities Ringmaster, is everywhere at the same time? I liked the premise of the book. I loved the Characters. I loved the storyline, although I couldn't help but feel similarities to the Hunger Games. It's just enough different to be intriguing. And I can't wait for the next installment, Circus Autumn!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circus Summer.