Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions 's Reviews > Roses in the Devil's Garden

Roses in the Devil's Garden by Charlie Cochet

May 27, 12

bookshelves: handjobs-are-cheating-too, m-m, free
Read in May, 2012

There were some phrases and things I didn't understand. I think because of the time/culture it's set in. I'm also not a fan of historicals but I mostly enjoyed this one. I felt like the last 40% or so was all setting up a relationship with Danny and John. I got kind of bored with that.

I honestly have no interest in reading a continuation of any of these characters. While I liked the beginning I felt like the story fizzled the last half. Maybe that was because I just didn't like Danny? And lots of stuff is mentioned and not explained, by the end I just didn't care.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roses in the Devil's Garden.

message 1: by Nina (new)

Nina handjobs-are-cheating-too - should I be worried about this story? Does that happen here?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Hard to remember specifics. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Nina (last edited Apr 04, 2013 05:48AM) (new)

Nina Bubbles Hunty wrote: "Hard to remember specifics. the one guys ex lover shows up and I guess the guy used to be a slut so ex assumes he still was and starts kissing him and they move to couch and clothes start being unb..."

Thank you so much! :) I can't stand cheating, even if it's just an idea in the characters' mind. Guess I'll have to avoid this one.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Lots of people loved it. And I don't think they technically cheat. But I think that's just because the other guy caught them. And of course it wasn't his fault the ex attacked him and he didn't have time to react as they kisses and slowly undid his pants and slowly made their way to laying down on couch. He was going to stop it before it got too far just needed more time.

It's like yeah that's believable

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina Bubbles Hunty wrote: "Lots of people loved it. And I don't think they technically cheat. But I think that's just because the other guy caught them. And of course it wasn't his fault the ex attacked him and he didn't hav..."

lol I get how you feel, it's frustrating when authors try to force us to forgive the MCs' mistakes by making it look like they didn't do anything wrong.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Right and then the other guys the asshole for reacting to finding his bf with his ex getting more than hot and heavy. He should have known the other guy didn't want to do that. He just needed more time to stop it. Guess stopping him when he first kissed him was too soon. He would have stopped him eventually, the author said so.

message 7: by Nina (last edited Apr 04, 2013 06:26AM) (new)

Nina Bubbles Hunty wrote: "Right and then the other guys the asshole for reacting to finding his bf with his ex getting more than hot and heavy. He should have known the other guy didn't want to do that. He just needed more ..."

Well, obviously you have to believe her! :P

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah... I don't really but judging by ratings others like it