Michelle's Reviews > Calling Invisible Women

Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray

May 28, 12

Read on May 27, 2012

Jeanne Ray's latest contemporary women's fiction novel has something to say about how we allow products to heal ourselves whether they are expensive drugs prescribed by our doctor or over-the-counter products made to enhance us as they lift money from our wallet.

Clover Hobart wakes up one day and discovers she cannot find herself in the mirror after her morning shower. Her first disappearance lasts only a short time but she's concerned because her son still sees her. Clover wonders if she's starting to lose her mind. After it happens again she happens to locate a group of invisible women that meet at the local Sheraton Hotel.

Through this group she begins to take action as the reporter she once was spurring others to get busy by exploring what they can accomplish as invisible women. Because of her new bravery she stops a man from harassing a woman outside the grocery store, she un-arms a robber in the midst of robbing her friend's bank, and she and another invisible woman ride the school bus to corral bully behavior. Eventually she takes on the drug company that created the three drugs that cause this invisibility problem.

Clover is an enjoyable character as is her family. This is an easy read and while it does have a message to deliver it is done in such a unique way-how many of us have felt invisible as we go about our day whether to our family or on the job? This book will appeal to the masses. I love wheat grass and if staying healthy helps to keep us visible then I'm all for it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calling Invisible Women.