♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Apr 06, 14

bookshelves: genre-youngadult, published-2012, steam-warm, hero-tortured
Read from May 28 to 29, 2012

4.5! Wow, really enjoyed it. A kind of deja vu of 'Beautiful Disaster', but improved on all levels and without all the WTFery. Better writing, more likable H/h, smarter story line, a hero who uses his fighting skills for good, and a far more fitting ending, IMHO.

Lucas

Easy was such an emotionally deep story, realistic in nature, and had a wonderful steamy romance between a tortured hero who is obsessed/possessive over Jacqueline, and a heroine who must now come to terms with the choices she made.

Lucas was AWESOME. A hot tortured guy who was obsessed and possessive of Jacqueline, but in a way that never crosses the line. He defends and protects her from a violent sexual rapist on campus, and gives her reason to believe that her decision to attend the college that her now ex-boyfriend chose might not have been a bad decision after all. If you like a hero with some tats, a small lip piercing, and rides a motorcycle, you'll love Lucas.

After the altercation,Jacqueline finds herself drawn to Lucas. He is a student in her economics class, and oddly one of a few she truly trusts. Because she is so drawn to him, she lets her girlfriends convince her to play hard to get with him in hopes he could be a rebound man from her ex-boyfriend. Too bad he didn't take class very serious, he spends his time sketching images instead of listening and taking notes.

Jacqueline

She soon finds herself a bit torn between Lucas and her online tutor Landon. Landon and her have never met, but he is smart, motivated and interesting. They exchange a ton of emails, and he becomes an invaluable resource and help so she doesn't flunk out of economics.

Campus Party Life

The author did a great job portraying the reality of college life. Partying, studying, flirting as well as the risks and how to protect oneself. As much as I didn't agree with Jacqueline's decision early in the story, I do realize (sadly) how common that is.

The story has quite a few twists and kept me fully engaged all the way through. While the subject matter is rather dark at times, it never gets bogged down with the drama. The main focus remains on Jacqueline and her building attraction and relationship with Lucas. The romance story was the best part, and it never goes overboard on angst and self inflicted drama, as BD was notorious for.

In a nutshell, this story really is about Jacqueline's journey after making her rash decision to follow her boyfriend(now ex) to his college. Wonderful things happen for her too, including meeting some great friends and the oh-so-hot Lucas. She was a very likable character, smart and deserving of good things. Her chemistry with Lucas felt real.

I rarely read YA, but this one is actually considered more adult in nature, and I agree. Think of this as a blend of YA with more adult material and some steamy sexual scenes mixed with some fade-to-black moments. The make out scenes get super steamy hot, but when it is more than that it will fade to black. The relationship is right for their age and maturity, too. I am so glad I took the chance on this one, I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

05/28/2012
25.0% 3 comments
05/29/2012
50.0% "Lucas, you are a sexy mystery and I can't wait to see how this ends."
05/29/2012
70.0% 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus I bought this morning. Great Review! I love the pics. Lucas sounds/looks hot!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Wonderful review! I think I might start this one now! I'm so easily strayed off my reading plans. Lol.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Haha Kristen! I love it!

message 4: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited May 29, 2012 07:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Kristen wrote: "Wonderful review! I think I might start this one now! I'm so easily strayed off my reading plans. Lol."

LOL, I think that is an 'Easy' choice to make Kristen

♡Karlyn P♡ Kellie wrote: "I bought this morning. Great Review! I love the pics. Lucas sounds/looks hot!"

They call him 'emo boy' at one point, and I had to look that up! I guess the whole hair style, tats and piercing is part of a style called 'emo'. I never knew...

Sherylb I loved this book. Great review!!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus hahah Really?! Oh Hunny.. The "Emo" style has been around for a while. You know those skinny boy's that wear girls jeans and black eyeliner? and the long hair that usually is messed up over their faces? Well I just described the Hardcore Emo kids I know anyway LOL

Crista I saw you were reading this and I've been waiting on your review to decide whether to buy or not. Thank you for this incredible review and for the recommendation. I'm off to 1-click....

message 9: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited May 29, 2012 08:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Kellie wrote: "hahah Really?! Oh Hunny.. The "Emo" style has been around for a while. You know those skinny boy's that wear girls jeans and black eyeliner? and the long hair that usually is messed up over their f..."

Oh I recognize the style, I even have a few nephews who wear it, I just didn't know it was called!! I may be too old to read young adult romances , lol

♡Karlyn P♡ Crista wrote: "I saw you were reading this and I've been waiting on your review to decide whether to buy or not. Thank you for this incredible review and for the recommendation. I'm off to 1-click...."

Awesome Crista, hope you enjoy it!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus LOL not at all.. I didn't know what it was until it became a "thing."

I don't do it on purpose but I kinda dress Emoey at times... LOL but I am way too much of a happy person to actually be Emo..

message 12: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne I'm going to try this again KarLyn! I believe my laptop has a mind of it's own:) This is such a great review. I haven't read many YA, but with your comments I think I'll push this one up on my pile. Sounds really good.

♡Karlyn P♡ KatLynne wrote: "I'm going to try this again KarLyn! I believe my laptop has a mind of it's own:) This is such a great review. I haven't read many YA, but with your comments I think I'll push this one up on my pil..."

I'd emphasize the 'A' in young adult. While it does fit within that genre, it has a very adult slant to it. The make out scenes get super steamy hot, but when it is more than that it will fade to black. The relationship is right for their age and maturity, too. The romance story was the best part, and it never goes overboard on angst and self inflicted drama, as BD was notorious for. Hope you enjoy it!!

Lindsay Great review KarLynP!

message 15: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited May 29, 2012 10:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Kellie wrote: "I don't do it on purpose but I kinda dress Emoey at times... LOL but I am way too much of a happy person to actually be Emo."

I found some of the coolest photos of this style when I googled it. I thought it was goth, but this is less 'death' and more 'fashion'. Hey, I learned something cool today, lol

♡Karlyn P♡ Lindsay wrote: "Great review KarLynP!

Your Lucas really sold me on this book. I'm definitely moving this up my TBR list! ;)"

I'd need to change his eye color to pale blue and add a small lip piercing ring, but otherwise he's a dead ringer, IMHO. He really was H.O.T!!

Lindsay ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Great review KarLynP!

I'd need to change his eye color to pale blue and add a small lip pier..."

He looks pretty perfect to me, but he would lot H.O.T. with pale blue eyes!

Jennifer Great review! I really liked this too.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Oh, WOW, I just LOVE your review, KarLyn! Wonderful review and pics! And your Lucas? *Swoons!* I will enjoy picturing him when I read this! And your Jacqueline is very cute and I also enjoyed the other images you chose.

I haven't read Beautiful Disaster so I won't be making any comparisons. But I had seen mixed reviews on that book.

♡Karlyn P♡ Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Oh, WOW, I just LOVE your review, KarLyn! Wonderful review and pics! And your Lucas? *Swoons!* I will enjoy picturing him when I read this! And your Jacqueline is very cute and I also enjoyed the o..."

Jennifer wrote: "Great review! I really liked this too."

Thanks Lady Jane and Jennifer!!

Karla WOW KarLyn WOW!!! Fantastic review and AWESOME Lucas!! After reading this I don't see how anyone can compare this to Beautiful Disaster...just my opinion! This book had so much to offer and you did it justice with your review!

message 22: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc thanks for the review, I've been hearing a lot about this author.

♡Karlyn P♡ Karla wrote: "WOW KarLyn WOW!!! Fantastic review and AWESOME Lucas!! After reading this I don't see how anyone can compare this to Beautiful Disaster...just my opinion! This book had so much to offer and you did..."

Thanks Karla! I realize everyone's tastes are different, but when compared to BD I agree - it was such a better book! The story was so much more fun and compelling in Easy, and I loved the tutor emails...etc. Sigh. :-) When we learn about Lucas's past, I really felt for him. Oh, if only I could be 20 again!

♡Karlyn P♡ Angelc wrote: "thanks for the review, I've been hearing a lot about this author."

I never heard of her before this book came out, but I will check into her other books. However, if they are YA with not as much adult material as this one, I am not sure if I'll read them. I only read a YA from time to time, but adult romance is still my favorite cuppa. This one worked for both genres, imho. :-)

message 25: by Susanne (new) - added it

Susanne Awesome review! Personally I didn't care for BD but I could have loved it if it wasn't for all the WTFery so I can't wait to check this one out!

message 26: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc KarLynP, I've actually heard the same about her previous series as well. That it walks the line of 'mature teen'. :)

Anne OK Great review, KarLyn! I've got this one downloaded and ready to read -- just trying to find time! Your review pushed the level of anxiousness up a bit!

♡Karlyn P♡ Angelc wrote: "KarLynP, I've actually heard the same about her previous series as well. That it walks the line of 'mature teen'. :)"

Really? OK, now I am interested! Thanks!

♡Karlyn P♡ AnneOK wrote: "Great review, KarLyn! I've got this one downloaded and ready to read -- just trying to find time! Your review pushed the level of anxiousness up a bit!"

Oh cool, can't wait to chat with you about it Anne! No book is for everyone, but I think anyone who loves to read romance will find something to really like about this one.

♡Karlyn P♡ Susanne wrote: "Awesome review! Personally I didn't care for BD but I could have loved it if it wasn't for all the WTFery so I can't wait to check this one out!"

Thanks Susanne! I wasn't a big fan of BD either as it was a stretch to believe half of what went on. Travis drank booze like a fish, had a temper that would land most people in jail, but some how he managed to avoid all trouble and be a brilliant straight A student. Yeah, right. And don't get me started about him bursting into song at a school cafeteria like a Glee performance! Soooo much WTFery in that one.

KindleRomance Reviews Love your review. Love the pic you posted. Looks so much like the cover!

message 32: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Jun 02, 2012 08:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Love your review. Love the pic you posted. Looks so much like the cover!"

I thought so too. I googled 'emo mens hair' ( since he gets called emo-boy in the book!) and I swear that was him when I saw it, just minus the piercing and clear blue eyes. :-)

KindleRomance Reviews You are hilarious!

♡Karlyn P♡ Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "You are hilarious!"

:-)

KindleRomance Reviews Just finished it and loved it!!!

♡Karlyn P♡ Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Just finished it and loved it!!!"

Oh cool!! Can't wait to read your comments!

Karen Thanks for the great review KarLynP....I purchased this one right after reading your review and loved it.

Karen btw...love the photo of the guy above...a perfect Lucas

♡Karlyn P♡ Karen wrote: "btw...love the photo of the guy above...a perfect Lucas"

Karen wrote: "Thanks for the great review KarLynP....I purchased this one right after reading your review and loved it."

Thanks Karen! Glad you liked it!

message 40: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Thanks KarlynP!! I had stayed away from YA after two failed attempts with the Twilight series and Beautiful Disaster, but after this review I decided to give it another chance, and I am so glad I did it!

message 41: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Jun 21, 2012 08:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Angelica wrote: "Thanks KarlynP!! I had stayed away from YA after two failed attempts with the Twilight series and Beautiful Disaster, but after this review I decided to give it another chance, and I am so glad I d..."

Lol, those books could do that. I read Twilight when it first came out and thought it was 'meh', so when it became a cult-like phenomenon a year later I was a bit shocked. BD was such an over written drama fest, I never wanted to read another YA after that one. Fortunately the genre has some winners too, and Easy is one of them, IMHO . Glad you enjoyed it!!

Fallen for books It really is a very good book!!

♡Karlyn P♡ Shweta wrote: "It really is a very good book!!"

I so agree :-)

message 44: by Saki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saki yummy

♡Karlyn P♡ cherry wrote: "yummy"

:-) you know it

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Great review KarLynP! I tried Beautiful Disaster and it was "meh" in story and writing style. This one seems to be way better,and I look forward to when it comes out here.

♡Karlyn P♡ Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Great review KarLynP! I tried Beautiful Disaster and it was "meh" in story and writing style. This one seems to be way better,and I look forward to when it comes out here."

(¯`·..·♥Anna♥·..·´¯) wrote: "Great review! I am adding it to my to-read list :D"

Hope you guys enjoy it!

message 48: by KA (new) - added it

KA thanks! i've had this one for a few weeks, but i'll move it up my list.

♡Karlyn P♡ Kerianne wrote: "thanks! i've had this one for a few weeks, but i'll move it up my list."

I hope you like it Kerianne, I can see why this is a runaway best seller

April Poole Your picture of Lucas is perfect. Would be even hotter with the lip piercing and tattoos ;-)

« previous 1