Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > Redheads are Soulless

Redheads are Soulless by Heather M. White

Jun 01, 2012

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read in May, 2012

This book is a pretty fast paced read. I read it one day I think. There is really a lot going on in the book; lots of action. I really enjoyed that because I have not read a book that involved action like this in a while. There are a few really good fight scenes too!

I felt awful for Sofia. The girl could not catch a break- seriously everything that could go wrong in her life did. Her dad was killed- the book actually starts with his death scene. And then her mom just falls apart. I could not stand Sofia's mom! I just had no respect for her. I understand that people have hard times, we all do. But for her to completely fall apart and not take care of her daughter was not ok to me. My heart just went out to Sofia.

I also really liked that Sofia's physical "transformation" was slow. She didn't just wake up gorgeous over night. She was still kind of awkward and a little too skinny. It just made her so much more likable.

I'm not going to say too much about Jason and Robbie because that is part of the fun of the book. Figuring out who you can trust along with Sofia, and it isn't always easy. This book was not predictable, which is awesome! I love when a book can surprise me. I have read a lot of books, so most of the time I can see the writing on the wall and I at least have some idea of what is going to happen, but multiple times throughout reading Redheads are Soulless I was surprised. I do wish there was a little bit more background information earlier on, but I it all comes together in the end. It added to the mystery of the book, actually. I am really excited to read the second book because now that I know the players a little bit better, I feel like the real fun is just getting started!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redheads are Soulless.

message 1: by Lea (new) - added it