Autumn Review's Reviews > Madly & the Jackal

Madly & the Jackal by M. Leighton

Jun 02, 12

bookshelves: favorites, review
Read from May 27 to 28, 2012

Where do I even begin? I started this series at the end of last year and completely fell in love with the characters and the story. I admit, I was a bit hesitant about the whole Mermaid story, but let me just say that, the way this story and the characters seep into your heart, leave a permanent mark forever. This series is brilliant. I can honestly say that I've never read anything like it.

Madly , Madly, Madly. She infuriates me at times, but mostly she's one of the best characters I've met. I clicked with her immediately. In this story, she continues in her dedication to Atlas and she finally has her man. However, the bad boys come out to play and Madly and Jackson must once again save Atlas and the humans. While they work on putting the pieces together, something bad happens to Jackson. Let me say that I nearly puked. I have so much love for this couple, that I wasn't prepared for this traumatic event. I felt so bad for Madly. They had just shared a spectacular time together and then this happened. Poor Madly was left feeling so lost and devastated. Our girl pulls through and gets the job done though. That dedication and persistence is part of the reason I love her so much.

Now on to the steamy bits. WOW! I was anticipating a bit of serious love, but I dare to say that they exceeded my expectations. I could write a whole blog post on Jackson alone. I mean, this guy is ideal. He's gorgeous, committed to Madly, he's fierce, and he has a secret soft side that we get to see with Madly this time, making him a bit more vulnerable. I just about passed out from all the SWOONY moments. All I have to say is, "shower".

Not only has M. Leighton perfected making you fall in love with her characters, but she also has one of the most creative minds around. This series takes bits and pieces of old children's tales and integrates it into a Mer world. It's truly incredible how she does it.

I have to say, that I really need the next book as soon as possible. The ending left me feeling confused, emotional, and incomplete. That said, I have faith that ML will make things perfect for Madly and Jackson once again. After all, we need a little drama so we can actually get more Jackson!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madly & the Jackal.

05/27/2012 "just starting!!! Can't wait for my Jackson!" 1 comment
05/28/2012
65.0% "feeling a little ill"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I can't wait to read this one. Love this series! Great review!

message 2: by Erin (new) - added it