Manda Collins's Reviews > All Summer Long

May 27, 12

bookshelves: contemporary
Recommended for: Fans of Jill Shalvis, Rachel Gibson, Susan Donovan
Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

I think this is my favorite Fools Gold book ever. Yep, you heard that right. This is what? Number 12? I've enjoyed almost all of the FG series, but this is by far the best. Why? Two words: Opposites Attract! (An alternate title for this one might have been The Firefighter and the Underwear Model.) What I liked most about this one was the fact that Clay (former butt-double/underwear model) was not your typical Susan Mallery hero. I love her books, but dang her heroes can be total a-holes sometimes. But Clay, from beginning to end (with one tiny exception) was a genuinely nice guy. From their first appearance on the page together, he and Charlie (Fool's Gold's favorite female firefighter) just sparked. And I loved how gentle and sweet he was with Charlie in his quest to show her that sex isn't something to be afraid of. Charlie had good reasons to be afraid of getting intimate with a man, and it was wonderful to see her slowly relax into her relationship with Clay. Most of the conflict in this one was internal (Charlie reconciling with her mother, and getting over her fear of men; Clay learning to trust his instincts, and getting over his fear of falling in love again), and that was just fine with me. I enjoyed the secondary characters and just hanging out in Fool's Gold again. When the final conflict came, it was not entirely unexpected, and as romantic gestures go, Clay's was pretty darn good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Summer Long.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Janga I totally agree, Manda. Clay's my favorite hero in the series too, although I loved Alistair in "Almost Summer."

Manda Collins Just realized I hadn't read "Almost Summer," Janga! Adding it to the queue!

message 3: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Nice review Manda! I've gotten behind in this series and can't wait to get to this one:)

Manda Collins Thanks, KatLynne! It's really good! I zipped through it!

Melissa I have only read part of this book & I can not wait to read the rest of it, but I think Summer Nights will be my favorite of my. It became my favorite when I read it last month!