Kelton Hirsch's Reviews > Summer Ball

Summer Ball by Mike Lupica

U_50x66
May 27, 12

Summer Ball by Mike Lupica is an excellent book about a boy going off to a summer basketball camp. He is a very short kid and is very nervous about going to a high end basketball camp, where he will be one of the smallest players there. In the book, Danny, is faced with many challenges while he is at this camp, that may even cause him to want to give up. He is given every reason to give up and stop trying, but this strong, young basketball player continues to fight till the end.

There is no movie based off of this book which I think is disappointing. This is a very well written book, and I think could be turned into a terrific movie, that can inspire, and entertain, many young and old viewers. This book is not very complex, can be easily be read by younger readers, and has a great lessons taught in it as well. I think that this book could easily be made into a movie, and they could include every single detail into the plot.

I strongly recommend this book to any sports fan. I love this entire book, there is nothing about it that I would change. The story and the characters were very well described and very easy to understand. I recommend reading "Travel Team," which is the book before "Summer Ball." By reading "Travel Team," first it introduces and makes the story more enjoyable. It is not necessary to read it first, but is highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Ball.