Danny McGuffin's Reviews > Siege

Siege by Rhiannon Frater

M 50x66
May 27, 12

Read in May, 2012

Not as good as the other two books that made up this series. As some have mentioned in their own reviews, the ghosts and the metaphysical aspect of book 3 versus books 1 and 2, really made it seem like the writer was using a crutch to answer certain things and to make this work out and it really took away from the story as a whole. I could understand it being used maybe once, twice would be a stretch, but just off of the top of my head there were at least 7 times that it was used and in some cases it made no sense.

Not a spoiler, but do we really need to have a ghostly visit from someone to let someone else know they have cancer and are going to die?

Calhoun was solid, I think the writer could have used him in a much more effective manner than she did, and could have used him in a lot of places that would have nullified the need of "ghostly" visitors. Was it a fun book? Yes. Was it the best of the trilogy? No. Will I ever reread this book again. No.

Decent trilogy, but really took a turn downward. Reminds me of the original Star Wars, first two were really good, third one had too many damn Ewoks and took away from the main story.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siege.