lafon حمزة نوفل's Reviews > The Third Eye

May 28, 12

bookshelves: fiction, terrible
Recommended for: Nobody
Read on May 27, 2012

Junk. Absolute junk. This book has the worst usage of grammar I've seen in a published novel. The plot was juvenile. The characters intensely dislikable. I can write better than this, and I'm not that great. I was looking for a Sunday afternoon time-waster, and instead I got a tear-your-hair-out-by-the-roots piece of gibberish. I have not hated a book this much since Meyer and the Devil got together to make that vampire farce.

Take a deep breath in, hold it, hold it. Let it out. OK, good. Now that I'm slightly calmer it's time for my review. To be honest the only thing I liked abut this book was the relationship between Tara and her younger brother Suraj. I loved Suraj. He is a lot like my younger brother, and he is so sweet (yes. I am a teenage male. Shut up). Tara is such a goody two-shoes such that even in the scene where there is a slight nod to Orpheus leading his wife from Hades, instead of her failing you just know she's going to succeed. That particular scene is indicative of the entire novel. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has any emotional intensity. If anything the author seems as if she was indulging in a pointless game of "fool the reader", and one which she didn't particularly want to play.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Third Eye.