Christine's Reviews > Wuthering Frights

7412084
Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from June 04 to 05, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Dulcie, Dulcie, Dulcie... What have you got yourself into?!

Let me start off by saying that yet again H.P. Mallory has outdone herself. Immediately picking up where Great Hexpectations left off we are able to dive right back into the life of Dulcie O'Neil. This time around however she is up to her eyeballs in it, once leading the life of a Regulator -Think police officer, now finding herself being forced to be one of the bad guys.

I honestly felt for Dulcie in this book, yeah yeah I know she is a fictional character but it just goes to show how great of a writer H.P. Mallory is. Dulcie is being forced to end it with her one true love, Knightly Vander... she can't let her friends in on what is happening and it all seems hopeless.

I have to say that I am so glad she did not fall for Quillan in this book. As they are now both working on the same side it would have been easy to start a relationship with him but she knows who she loves and stuck by that.

Now saying that... one thing you do learn from this book is to not tick off Knight! He is one upset Loki! The scene toward the end of the book with Dulcie and Knight was almost uncomfortable to read. I just wanted him to believe her so much, I wanted him to take her in his arms and just hold her. She has been through so much but then I guess so has he. I can see where his anger is coming from and can even see how the puzzle is fitting together in his head. But surly what Dulcie is saying can easily be proven with a phone call to his friend Gabriel as he would prove what she is saying about going after the Head of the Netherworld after she was released from Prison. Or maybe a quick call to Caressa? I am sure the 5th in the series will start off exactly where this left off as thankfully all of H.P. Mallory's books seem to do. I can only hope that by that time Knight has seen the light and begs for Dulcie's forgiveness for not believing her.

H.P. Mallory announced recently on Facebook that the 5th in the series will be titled 'Malice in Wonderland' and will be released January 7th 2013. That seems like ages away but hopefully it will go very quickly so that we can all get our Dulcie, Knight and Bram fix!

Some of my favorite passages:

Yes, my career as a lying sack of shit was off to a good start. Yay me.

"It seems we are a standstill, Dulice, sweet."

The idea was to make myself look as unlike myself as possible. I was going for camouflage, disguise and incognito. I was going for Cyndi Lauper meets Boy George with a bit RuPaul thrown in for good measure.

"F**k me for still caring," he whispered and signed as his eyes found mine.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Frights.

06/04/2012
83.0% "I can't believe I'm having to stop! It's all about to kick off and it's 1:27am... so tired! Can't wait to wake up in the morning to finish it."