Christine's Reviews > A Tale of Two Goblins

7412084
Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from June 02 to 03, 2012

Another excellent book by H.P. Mallory and a great sequel in the Dulcie O'Neil series.

I really do enjoy the grittiness of this series. The language that is used, the stories that are told, the seedy underbelly of crime... Dulcie may be a Fairy but she is one bad ass Fairy that can kick your butt if needed. The characters have flaws and are not perfect and it is nice to see those cracks in the surface every now and again. H.P. has found a way to blend all of the above with just enough sexual tension and humor to make for some outstanding books.

Oh.. and what an ending?!? Talk about being left high and dry wanting more. Thankfully I can immediately start the next book in the series which is Great Hexpectations because if I had to wait after that steamy scene to see what happens next I would be very sad.

As always, I very strongly recommend anything by H.P. Mallory, she has turned into one of my favorite authors in a very short time frame. Her books are such a fun to read and truly do leave you craving more.

Some of my favorite passages:

"Like I said before, I'm hard to kill."

Trey shook his head and started for the door. "You two just need to do it and get it over with."
Knight was right behind him. "I couldn't agree with you more."

Tweety be damned.

"And be sure to show up because this is one of my better secrets."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Goblins.

06/03/2012
06/03/2012
76.0% "Off to a family BBQ in the rain.. But as soon as I am back home I am finishing this book tonight. It's soooooooo good!"