Mari Anne's Reviews > In the Still of the Night: The Strange Death of Ronda Reynolds and Her Mother's Unceasing Quest for the Truth

In the Still of the Night by Ann Rule

May 31, 12

Read from May 27 to 31, 2012

2.5 stars. I love Ann Rule so it pains me when I have to write a review that doesn't involve glowing praise. This was unfortunately, not one of her better books. First of all, the injection of herself into this story felt forced and not as useful or as natural as in "The Stranger Beside Me" where she actually KNEW Ted Bundy. Her involvement with the victim's mother, while important and helpful, detracted from the general tone of this book and made it feel less like a true crime book and more like a bad memoir. Secondly, I felt that the time line in this book was so jumbled and the facts so scattered about and repeated so often that it made it hard to follow. Maybe this was just an editing issue but I felt like it could have benefitted from some better editing.

If you really want ot read some classic, awesome Ann Rule make sure to pick up "The Stranger Beside Me" or "Small Sacrifices".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Still of the Night.