Louisa's Reviews > Telesa: The Covenant Keeper

Telesa by Lani Wendt Young

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

Really enjoyable book, great characters and plot, and unique setting, and loved it!

*Full review from Words I Write Crazy on June 6th*

This was a highly enjoyable romance/mystery/thriller, set in Samoa, a unique setting, with a unique plot, and just a wonderful book! With heartbreak, challenges, and wonder beyond wonder, Telesa is a wonderful book!

Leila was a strong character, the traditions of Samoa, and respecting elders and how her aunt and uncle received her, and acted around her, and her attempts to learn who her mother was as a person, well, it aggravated me, and while it did the same to Leila, she didn't act on that frustration and anger, she just kept it inside, making her a better person then me!

Well, except when she's talking with Daniel, who really raises her hackles, and boy, it that funny to read, especially the cutting the grass scene, and yeah that was really hilarious! All that tension, conflict, and growing passion, it was a wonderful (for the reader) start to their relationship, because it was so explosive, that debate.

Rising tensions between being a Telesa and being with David, and the heat, the passion, the rules and the beliefs, it all comes to head, and you better watch out, because it is volcano hot, and someone is going to be hurt!

This was a fantastic book, highly enjoyable, and yeah, I did, so I hope you guys check this book out!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Telesa.