Luna's Reviews > Kiss, Date, Love, Hate

Kiss, Date, Love, Hate by Luisa Plaja

Jun 08, 12

Read from May 27 to 29, 2012

Kiss, Date, Love, Hate isn’t exactly what I expected it to be. It’s so much more than just a fun read.

Lex is a great character; she’s sarcastic, rebellious and hates school. To begin with I thought it was just because she was a bit of a brat but there is a really good reason behind her behaviour and I didn’t see it coming. I since re-read bits of Kiss, Date, Love, Hate since and the way Luisa Playa has woven everything together is impressive. Once you know you can spot it but until then it’s really not obvious and I’m not spoiling it. It’s one of the highlights of the book and makes Kiss, Date, Love, Hate a highly recommendable read.

All the characters are in-depth, varied and I thought that the adult characters were believable, adding to the story, particularly Mr Trench. There are some laugh-out-loud-moments (such as the Chair of Doom) and Lex’s commentary is really entertaining.

The whole idea of this story is great. I mean if you could change your friends in a video game and see the results – wouldn’t you just?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss, Date, Love, Hate.

05/27/2012 page 107