Ann Werner's Reviews > The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted

The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted by Andrew E. Kaufman

May 27, 12

Read in May, 2012

I've been reading a lot of new authors lately, thanks to my Kindle, and I'm glad I found this one. There are two stories that run side by side: one is recollections of reporter Patrick Bannister's horrific childhood and the other is Patrick's quest to solve a decades old kidnapping/murder.

After the death of his abusive mother, Patrick finds a St. Christopher's medal with the initials NAK and a note about about a body in her personal effects and that begins his quest to solve the mystery.

There are lots of twists and turns in this well crafted story and a lot of pathos. There were some parts of the story that made me ache for Patrick and the remembered abuse he suffered at the hands of his mother. His search for answers takes the reader on a hair-raising journey through rural Texas inhabited by an intriguing cast of characters.

The denouement is completely unexpected but completely plausible, which is the hallmark of what I consider to be a well written, well planned thriller. This is a book well worth your time!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted.