Nancy's Reviews > Ice on the Grapevine

Ice on the Grapevine by R.E. Donald

8192419
May 27, 2012

ICE ON THE GRAPEVINE, by R.E. Donald, kept me guessing until the end. The action moves quickly and you’ll have to read carefully to follow all the threads. The main character, Hunter Rayne, an ex-member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, now drives an 18-wheeler for a living. He’s pulled right into the thick of things, when his dispatcher, Elspeth Watson, calls him to pick up a load of nacho sauce. Turns out that newlyweds Ray and Sharon, the nacho sauce drivers, have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

From there, the ride gets as twisty and dangerous as the notorious Grapevine, with knotty relationships and shifting alliances that lead to numerous suspects. Add to that the multiple lawyers and the Canadian and American detectives working on the case, and it’s almost mayhem. With the dispatcher, El, pushing Hunter, he keeps untangling the complicated threads until he pulls out the right one that leads to the killer.

Though I haven’t yet read the first book in this series, I was able to pick right up with the characters. ICE ON THE GRAPEVINE is an easy, fun read that will keep you turning the pages until you find out who done it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice on the Grapevine.