Erik Wittmer's Reviews > Amulet, Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper

Amulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novel, summer-21012
Read from June 10 to 11, 2012

This is the start of what should be a fun summer as I start to read every Graphic Novel I can get my hands on. Boy, did I start off with a great one that I hope my students will find as entertaining as I did.

Amulet, Volume 1: The Stonekeeper starts off with a car going over a cliff and Nevin and Emily loose their father because his legs were stuck under the sterling wheel. Their mother wants to start all over and relocates all three of them to her Great Grandfather's house. The house, in the middle of no where, needs to be cleaned upon arrival. As Emily and Nevin start cleaning, they wonder off to a room in the upstairs. This is where it gets really interesting.

Emily starts to read a book(my favorite type of people, readers) and discovers a necklace that had a medallion on the end of it. Like any girl, she wants to wear this new, antique piece of jewelery. Little does she know that this is a special medallion that will give her special powers.

As the family is cleaning the house, they start to hear a noise in the basement. They become curious and start walking down flights of steps to find the source of this noise. I don't want to give away anymore. I hope that will read Amulet, The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi.

Happy Reading,

Mr. Wittmer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amulet, Vol. 1.