Maria's Reviews > The Ultimate Sacrifice

The Ultimate Sacrifice by Talia Jager

May 27, 12

bookshelves: friendship, high-school, angels, demons, fantasy, magic, young-adult
Read in May, 2012

I really, really loved this book. I felt like the group of characters fit so neatly together – both their powers and the way they related to each other. I liked all of the powers and the way they were used. I liked that we weren’t forced to question their powers or the way they used their powers, because all of them were so attuned to it already, except for Kassia, whose power was too dangerous to actually be practiced. I loved the different points of views – we see parts of it through Mira’s eyes, parts through Kassia’s – and I couldn’t put the book down, because the story grabbed me so. It was emotional and because the plot was so driven by these emotions it was hard to put the book down.

Kassia is a strong girl, whose main strength lies in her ability to love. It’s hard not to love a character who has such strong emotions. Mira is much stronger than she gives herself credit for, and seeing her grief broke my heart. Daxon is a real sweetie. Zane, surprisingly, might be one of my favourite characters – he has one of the smallest presences, but his sense of purpose and determination shines through in it.

It reminded me a bit of Vampire Academy, in the way that friendship – mainly the friendship between Kassia and Mira – carried this book and in the way their school, with its class schedules and stuff like that, was described. Seeing as these are two of the things I love the most about VA, I really liked seeing those elements.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Sacrifice.