Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > If You Were Mine

May 27, 12

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-kittyangel
Read in May, 2012

Kitty's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Oh. My. God. How could you not love Bella Andre and the Sullivan Brothers? What a fantastic book “If You Were Mine” is. Ms. Andre again wrote another erotic, witty, humorous, loving, oh-so-sexy book about one hot “mechanic” and a beautiful dog trainer. And, how she brought them together – yes, you could see it happening in real life which is what I love about Bella Andre's books. There is nothing “out-there”; it could be a true story about how two people met and fell in love.*sigh* And, I think I loved the love story about Cuddles and Atlas just as much as Zach and Heather!

Heather is a dog trainer who is sent to Zach to help him train Cuddles who he was conned into watching while Gabe, Megan and Summer go on vacation for a few weeks. Zach, being the softy that he is, just couldn't say no. But, we all know how Zach feels about woman and a “happily ever after” for himself – it's okay for his brothers but he will never give in to love. Heather doesn't believe in love either. After her father's deceit throughout her life, she doesn't trust love at all. So, friends-with-benefits it is. Or is it? They both have their secrets and their haunts from the past. It is going to take a lot for them to open up to one another. It is going to take a lot for them to see the love right in front of their eyes. With the help of family and 2 furry friends, they will not only finally believe in love but believe in the love that they have found for each other.

As I said in the beginning, this was just a great book. I had such contradicting feelings in the beginning of “If You Were Mine”. I cried for both Heather and Zach and what they were feeling about themselves but then I was hopeful that they would be able to bring out the best of each other. I laughed with Cuddles and Atlas and was thoroughly pissed off at Heather's parents. Then, as the book went on, I just smiled and then smiled some more. The “seduction” scene in the book is unbelievable. It is so realistic and descriptive that you can feel Zach's hands on Heather, you loose your breath when she looses her's. You feel the love he is pouring into his love-making with Heather and you feel Heather falling more and more in love with Zach. There is no way to describe this scene other than wildly erotic and hot; not so much in the act itself, but in the build-up and seduction of Heather. WOW. The banter between Zach and Heather, the “mutt” and “full ball”, and all of his siblings is wonderful. Everyone is back, of course. Naughty (Lori) is still scheming (I can't wait to see how she falls) and Nice (Sophie) and Jake are still all starry-eyed. (Zach is still mad at Jake for getting Nice pregnant) Ryan and Smith just love busting on Zach and flirting with Heather now that he is falling; Chase and Chloe have their shining moment (no spoiler) and Marcus and Nicola make an appearance as well. But, there is a wonderful scene in the book between Zach and his mother Mary that had me in tears. Such a moving and poignant point in the book. Thank God for Mom's and how they know just what to say and when.

So, the only way that I see to end this review is to thank Bella Andre for bringing us the Sullivan's; for giving us true-to-life love stories; for allowing us to become a part of the Sullivan Family, if only for a few hours while we are reading her books. If you asked me to pick just one of the Sullivan Series that would be my favorite, I would have to laugh at you. There is no way to choose. Each story is wonderfully written and flows into the next book seamlessly. Ryan – you're next – the baseball world better look out because I think Ryan and Vicki's story is going to be explosive!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Were Mine.