Adelaide's Reviews > Teddy and the Darkgate

Teddy and the Darkgate by Simon M. Garrett

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: action-adventure, drama, friendship, fantasy-paranormal, giveaway, humor
Read from June 09 to 15, 2012

I have gotten Teddy and the Darkgate from a goodreads giveaway, meaning the version I have is a mis-printed draft, and not the proper 1st edition.

Truthfully, when I had first signed up for this giveaway, this definitely wasn't one of the books I had really wanted. My first thought was something along the lines of "Moving teddy bears. Just great. A children's story." But for some reason or another, I had signed up for it, and I'm really glad I did.

This isn't Toy Story where toys only interact with toys and never reveal their true selves to humans and where magic doesn't exist (I'm not counting the toys moving and talking as magic).

(view spoiler)

There are lessons to be learnt if one chooses to read this for more than just entertainment.

Also, unlike most books, almost every creature (human, toys, and animals) in here speak with a different accent and sentence structures. Grammer, when it came to those characters, doesn't really apply for the most part.

Anyhow, all in all, I really did enjoy reading this book (though it did take me some time to get through it because I was busy). I wished I knew what the proper ending was though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teddy and the Darkgate.