Jen's Reviews > Home for the Summer

Home for the Summer by Mariah Stewart

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 09 to 16, 2012

I won this book through a Good Reads giveaway. I was really excited to read it since this is the first book I have won. I was expecting a fun, light, beach read. Unfortunately it fell short. I would probably give it 1.5 stars. The book was about Lucy, a successful event planner living in LA, who has returned home to the coast of Maryland to plan a wedding being held at her family's inn. Lucy is 35 and has not spent much time at home since something traumatic happened when she was in high school. The wedding was successful and therefore another high-profile wedding is booked for Lucy to plan. While in town, Lucy reconnects with her best friend from childhood, Clay. The way the book was written, I just didn't connect with any of the characters or really care what happened. There were several things discussed in the book that were never really resolved. All of the "problems" that were encountered for Lucy throughout the book were easily resolved, so not very interesting. I don't think I will read another book by this author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home for the Summer.