Kelly Hager's Reviews > Timepiece

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

F_50x66
May 27, 12

Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

Timepiece is told from Kaleb's perspective and while I missed having as much of Emerson as there was in the first book, I still really enjoyed this one.

I feel like it's very hard to do the second book in a trilogy because obviously you can't really tell a complete story. Does that make sense? You have to answer some questions from the first book, but you also have to leave a lot of things open for the third. So basically you have this book that can very easily feel like filler (a major pet peeve of my friend Steph). Timepiece is basically the perfect example of how to do the "second book thing" well. I think the perspective change helped, as well as making Lily (Emerson's best friend) a major character).

This is a great series and I want the third book now. Unfortunately I have to wait until next summer and there will be no ARCs.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timepiece.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lewis (new)

Lewis Weinstein Very perceptive review. The middle book in a trilogy is like the middle portions of a novel. The trap is to make it seem like treading water before getting to the conclusion. Yet if done well, there is much character development and plot enriching which can enhance the overall work. A writer's challenge.