Kellie's Reviews > Southern Fatality

Southern Fatality by T. Lynn Ocean
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Southern Fatality.

10/22/2008 page 189

Kellie First of all, I want to clear this up right now. This is not Stephanie Plum. The only similarity is the main characters are both female and they have large male friends that watch over them (Ox and Ranger). That is it. Stephanie Plum is a ditsy bailbonds person who has no criminal justice experience and doesn’t even like guns. Jersey is retired military and sleeps next to a glock.

I liked this book. I thought it was funny, suspenseful and I enjoyed the characters. Jersey Barnes is asked by her boyfriend to help an old friend. The “old friend” is an ex-girlfriend of Bill’s who wants Jersey to find out if her rich husband is having an affair. Jersey does Bill a favor and finds out the rich guy isn’t having an affair but his co-worker has been murdered. And then his son goes missing. So the rich guy hires Jersey to help find his son. What she discovers is a tight web of extortion, fraud, murder and danger. Jersey’s good friend Ox helps her try and figure out what is going on.

In the middle of this is Jersey’s father, a retired cop and her roommate. He is hilarious. Trying to figure out a way to do away with his car and collect insurance because he can’t get a license anymore.

This book had some bad reviews and I think it’s because people were expecting it to be too much like Stephanie Plum. If you want Stephanie Plum, then read Hot Six or Seven Up. This is a series that stands on it’s own.