Amber Beasley's Reviews > Sanctuary

Sanctuary by Nora Roberts

May 29, 12

Recommended to Amber by: My boss.
Recommended for: Mushy gushy women that love romance and also a good thrill.
Read from May 24 to 28, 2012

Didn't care for this book all that much. I liked the plot and the main idea for the story. And I really like the mystery of it. But for one thing, it was a little too easy to figure out. A little too much Criminal Minds, I guess, but I picked up on who the stalker/murderer was pretty easily. Also, the characters were really annoying. They can't decide what they want, who they want. and they're constantly yelling or telling each other off. I understand that that is kind of what the story is about, but it got old after so much of their bad attitudes.
There was way too much language. I don't like hearing a curse word every other word in a movie, why would I want to read it in a book either? There's no reason for it, and I don't want to pointlessly have these words going into my brain every other line of the page. Also, WAY too much sex. Sorry, but you can totally tell a woman wrote this book. Yeah, when a male writer writes a love story, there is sex. But it is not explained in detail. In Nicholas Sparks' novels, I've yet to find much more than "and they made love". That's it. No further explanation, I think we get it. And I love that. Men don't go into detail. Apparently female writers do, and feel the need to because of some fantasy or whatever. I can handle maybe one detailed love scene in a book, but please, I'd rather not read it every other chapter.
I really liked the end of this book, which is probably the only plus I can really say about it. It was alright overall, but I'd only give it two stars. It just isn't my kind of story.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sanctuary.