Shadia Hrichi's Reviews > Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line

Unplanned by Abby Johnson

Jun 08, 12

Read in May, 2012

[note: spoiler alert] Excellent, eye-opening book into both sides of the abortion issue. The author, Abby Johnson, comes to work for Planned Parenthood as a young college student, inspired by the organization's vision (as it is pitched to her) of helping women and reducing abortions. However, over the years, the true goals of the organization come to light, forcing Abby to choose between accepting the ugly truth of the organization's greed and abortion-pushing agenda and her 8-year career investment and corporate aspirations. Not knowing where else to turn, she secretly meets with the Christian group who spend all day praying "on the other side of the fence." As I myself bought into the lies that abortion was a wise choice and have now come to regret my choice, this story opened my eyes to better understand the hearts, minds, and mis-guided motivations of many who find themselves on the wrong side of the fence. Rather than condemnation, Abby, and others deceived like her, need kindness, prayer, and a demonstration of God's love. Powerful, true story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unplanned.