Danyelle Ferguson's Reviews > Daughters of Jared

Daughters of Jared by H.B. Moore

May 27, 2012

Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

The first book I read by H.B. Moore was Abinadi, and I have been a huge fan ever since. I especially love that Daughters of Jared was about two sisters and their loyalty to each other despite the very different choices and paths they take. I've always overlooked the story of the daughters of Jared, not really thinking about them and the impact their lives had on a generations of people. But this book reminded me that each of us - no matter what our role is here on Earth - has a unique way of influencing not only our spouses and children, but our friends, neighbors, and future generations. And with the internet, there are so many who read blogs or are followers on Facebook or Twitter - and each of them, whether they are close friends or cyber buddies - learn and grow from each other. I'm grateful that H.B. Moore brings scripture stories to life, with vivid characters and such an in-depth look of what their lives may have been like. I look forward to sharing this book with my 11 year old daughter, who pulled Abinadi off my book shelf a few months ago and absolutely loved it. She's working her way through the series, and I just love her questions and the conversations we've had. I highly recommend Daughters of Jared. It's definitely one to add to your To Read list!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of Jared.