SheReadsALot's Reviews > Worth Any Price

Worth Any Price by Lisa Kleypas

May 26, 2012

bookshelves: historical, damaged-hero, part-of-a-series, virgin, crime-life, bad-boy, hero-that-stalks-the-one-they-love, hard-knock-life, possessive-obsessive
Read from June 06 to 10, 2012

I am Kleypas fan. I love her stories and "Worth Any Price" is no exception. Fellow Kleypas fans can rejoice from getting to see single Lord Westcliff and Stony Cross Park again. I love the author for letting her readers get to see her characters thrive even after (or in this case, before) their story begins.

Nick Gentry is a character that Lisa is famous for writing, a tarnished good guy, who might have been a criminal but is redeemable. I loved his reactions and his emotions. I loved that both he and Charlotte were flawed. I don't think Nick would have chosen anyone else for himself. I loved that Charlotte was quiet but had a core of steel. I enjoyed the quips and the sarcasm...I just loved this book.

Nick Gentry definitely will be added to my list of fave Kleypas heroes.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worth Any Price.

Quotes SheReadsALot Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“You ignorant whelp. You dare to warn me away from her? I created her. Without my influence, Charlotte would be a bovine in the country with a half-dozen children at her skirts...or spreading her legs for every man who dropped a coin between her breasts. I've spent a fortune to make her into something far better than she was ever meant to be."

"Why don't you send me a bill?"

"It would beggar you," Radnor assured him with raw contempt.

"Send it anyway," Nick invited gently. "I'll be interested to learn the cost of creating someone.”
Lisa Kleypas, Worth Any Price

Lisa Kleypas
“You took advantage of me while I was sleeping," she said breathlessly. "That's not fair."
Gentry's hand moved over her hip in a slow circle."I seldom play fair. It's usually easier to cheat."
A sudden laugh bubbled in Lottie's throat. "You are the most shameless man I've ever encountered."
"Probably," he conceded, pushing her hair aside and lowering his smiling mouth to the back of her neck.”
Lisa Kleypas, Worth Any Price